Today’s challenge is a day in my life! So I kept my camera with me all day to show you what I typically get up to. I absolutely LOVED this as it makes you realize how much you do actually accomplish and help you capture tiny moments you may otherwise not think about. So here we go!~
I spent a couple of hours outside every day this summer to get away from the craziness of inside life. I loved running or walking to nowhere in particular and watching the sunrises, animals, or just finding places I never knew existed and just really learning to appreciate every single second of it!
Winter here in Winnipeg, Canada is LONG. Like 6-7 months long (and it’s not uncommon to get snow in early MAY!) Most of which is below -20 celsius with many days where you can tolerate spending the time to run to the car COLD.
So as soon as you can get, out you do! I remember this day (May 16th) was one of the first days when Spring was really starting to come out and I actually bawled my eyes out as I went down this path! It was amazing.
I love heading down by the river to watch the sunrise and the occasional duck!
Sometimes I’d just sit on a bench or in the grass and watch the little birds and bugs go by. I felt my body being charged up once again.
Or stare at the sky and realize how small we really are!
I loved hearing the tweety birds in the early morning, or the grasshoppers in the evening. There is SO much more out there than our silly human made stresses!
Nature is incredible. I’m going to appreciate every second. Let’s get out there!!
HAPPY LAST DAY OF 2019! And last day of the DECADE to boot!
Wow has so much changed for me in the past year ~ in great ways! I started the year so excited to create a bright happy life for myself, and am ending it even more positive about everything! The middle was stuffed with great stuff too. Here’s some of what I accomplished!
And so much more! Hard to believe it has been 365 days! I really just want 2020 to be very similar – just happy, colourful, and creative! I think we can do it!
LET’S GO!!! Lots of love and best of luck to you all in 2020!! xoxo
I DID IT! Ran 26.2 miles (42 kilometers) before most people even had breakfast yesterday – and loved it!
I still kind of feel like running is my ~secret~identity, totally separate from my usual pretty pink persona! Okay, this outfit might just give me away! 😉
Running has become a big part of my life and one of my favourite hobbies. As I mentioned in this post, I only started properly training last year after thinking that’d I never ever do such a silly thing. I’m a frilly dress wearing, no sweat, I actually like to KEEP my toenails kinda gal!! Or so I thought!
With hundreds of miles run and two half marathons under my belt, I was ready for the next big challenge: the FULL marathon. So for the past four months I’ve been waking up early no matter the weather (my cat hasn’t been complaining that she gets breakfast super early!), spent a record amount of time in spandex, and bruised every single one of my toenails getting ready for the big day!
All for this one day. I still couldn’t believe THE race day was really here when I lined up for the run and nerves almost got me! However, the loud cheering, other happy people, and the knowledge of medals and bagels at the end made me get it together!
The race itself was great. I was very well trained – but you’re still never quite sure what to expect until you’re OUT THERE on the course with only your own brain. I watched the miles pass by way faster than I thought and suddenly Pink Lightning (which I feel I was appropriately nicknamed by a spectator!) was coming through the stadium!
Seeing that finish line – and accomplishing what seemed to be an unrealistic life goal – was a moment that will stick with me forever. To my shock I finished in 3:52:14! I almost cried when the medal was put around my neck!
I’m beyond ecstatic right now! I’m practically still jumping up and down (except not actually my legs are like NO WAY!) I can’t wait to get back in the groove of running again, but for right now I’m enjoying just getting to lay around and getting to eat all sorts of delicious sweets!
Apologies for the VERY delayed post – ack it’s the middle of… JUNE?! Here’s what I was up to in May!
- I’ve been running like a mad woman – literally! I had a half marathon in early May and finished in a wicked personal best time (1:49)! Running has been most of my life actually! It’s been run, eat, sleep, repeat all in preparation for my full marathon *gasp* tomorrow?!?!?!
- It’s actually spring out now (we even had a few days well above THIRTY celsius!) so I’ve been spending a lot of time outside staring at the lovely cherry blossoms!
- Started working on construction on my first dollhouse, which I’ve been spending weeks sanding, construction, priming, painting… making an entire mess of my room and have been loving it! I really missed being creative and coating everything in PINK!
- I also got inspired to finally get back to working on decorating my actual house!
- After a few years, I finally got CURTAINS! My big dollhouse finally looks like a real dollhouse now! Which that cat has not destroyed yet (even I’m SHOCKED)!
- Game of Thrones is actually DONE! Ahh! It’s been so long since I’ve been invested in a show like that (like so many people!) No spoilers here, but I really liked how it ended.
- I started watching The Unbreakable Kimmy Schmidt to fill in the gap! Definitely NOT the same genre, but it was time for something hilarious.
- After years and years of hmming and hawing, I bought my very first Takara Neo Blythe doll (I’m planning a proper post soon… but I’m just beaming!)
- And saw lots and lots of rainbows!
Hope to be a bit more active here on the blogosphere once running is done! I feel the creative bug biting again and need to put all that spare time to use! 😀